November 10, 2009

The Upcoming Weeks

So, the holidays are nearly upon us, despite what the weather might be trying to tell us. (It has been in the low 50's...) But, more importantly, and sooner than the holidays, is the wedding! Ive been waiting for this opportunity to go home for a long while, and I'm hoping its fun. It looks like there's a ton to do, which will be nice... It'll be fun to see people and hang out, but there's a ton to do. It's going to be hard going home, as it usually is. I've changed, as have the people I'm going to see. The baby has gotten taller, classes are again in full swing for people teaching or attending, and meanwhile I've been living in small town Montana where things are completely backwards and a few steps behind the rest of society. (Limited places with wireless internet, antelope "hunting", dogs and cats running around as they please) What makes this even scarier, is that I'm begining to adapt and blend into the small town life- I'm able to recognize people that aren't from Miles, based on how they act or what they wear. I know that it's appropriate to wave at strangers, and if you know people, honking at them is an acceptable "hello". I've even had an opportunity to get to know someone who gets offended if someone doesn't wave back at him. (It's surprising how personally people take stuff like that...) I'm still really grateful for the Great Grains crew, though- they make my day, every day that I see them. One thing I am looking forward to, though, is being able to bust out words from the Midwest, like "bubbler" and have people not look at me like I'm crazy (which usually results in me explaining that a fountain is in a park, and a bubbler is something you drink from).

Speaking of the holidays, I'm looking forward to them, too. I'm headed to Missoula with Ben for Thanksgiving, which should be exciting. I hear Missoula is the place to be...

At any rate, I've got stuff I've gotta do. More post wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment