So the "working" has began. That for me means sitting around trying to figure out what to do. I got to go to Glendive today, and met some of the staff at their site, as well as two of the Montana Coalition Against Domestic Assult (MCADA) lawyers. They were pretty cool and gave me the "here's how to be a good VISTA" speech, reminding me to keep my "big city" bias at the door. (The last VISTA failed to leave her biases behind, and approached the Courtwatch program with a big city attitude. Apparently that doesn't work in rual Eastern Montana. Who knew?) I even went out for lunch with someone who had.... a very interesting story to tell, and it took me to places in my past that I've done a lot to forget about. It's funny how things from my past keep popping up even though I am as far away as possible from them. Oh, my past.
But beyond that, nothing too exciting is happening these days. I discovered a cowboy boots store called Murdoch's, which is very similar to a Fleet Farm. I've also recently gotten to go to an open mic, and since, everyone seems to keep making comments about how I look like a pianist, Kt, who plays there on a regular basis.
I am looking forward to the county fairs coming up and more Montana Legal Services training. At the fairs, CNADA gives out fliers about their programs and fundraisers... And we get to wander around a little bit. I hope it's exciting.
That is all for now- sorry for the lack of insightful sounding comments.
No comments:
Post a Comment