Adventures of an AmeriCorps member beginning in Montana, with a transition to Minneapolis... with an ending still unknown.
January 06, 2012
Coffee
I woke up this morning, still quite sick. My head still feels groggy, as though boogers will soon be invading my brain and the remainder of my brain. My beagle, pressed as close to my legs as possible, upon realizing that I've woken, approaches my face, and begins to lick my nose. She seems to know that I am sick and still do not feel great. I grab my phone, and realize... I've got an appointment in a little less than an hour with my aunt to get my life back in order. (Believe me or not, I have had some success in this department already.) I heat up some oat meal, and turn on the "Gilmore Girls," while I scarf down my oats and sip on some coffee in my black mug. These black mugs remind me of days gone by, but then I recall... My beagle. Her coat is part black. My mind again changes topics. Time to remain positive. Time to focus on the great things that I will do and become. I will be doing great things and turn into a great person, just as soon as I can get the garbage of my past behind. I need to look at the positive things. Like Miss Floppy Ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment