July 28, 2010

there and back again... again

It's been a while since I've posted, I'm sure. I've been without internet for the last few days. Also sorry if you sent me an email and I just got back to you today. It's been a struggle being without the web.

We just moved to Laurel and are beginning to get settled into a house we're renting. My beagle seems to enjoy the extra space. I like the extra space. Things on the job front are also looking pretty good. I'm working as a counselor in one of the girls' lodges. The girls I'm working with are pretty neat, though they are in need of a ton of help (some of which cannot be provided by our facility, but that's sometimes how life goes...). I still feel sort of awkward and out of place, but it's a challenge I feel that I can meet. My boss seemed afraid that I might not like it, but I feel that this is definitely a place to learn and grow. Not only am I helping a kid, (or hopefully several kids) I am theoretically helping myself to grow.

I have not had much time to explore the city of Billings, but I've had a little time. I've found a co-op called the Good Earth Market. It's like Great Grains, but a lot larger. It seems like a small grocery store full of whole food products and bins bulk items, like granola or oatmeal. They also have soaps, and holistic dog food. (I don't plan to get dog food there- the beagle seems good as she is... Just think it's weird. While I don't feel comfy feeding my dog things I wouldn't eat, I don't think it's necessary to have a hippie dog...) I don't know that I'm going to get a membership yet, but we'll see. I have also found a church that I plan to attend. Bailey and I went to explore Billings, but the church was not open and then a guy started telling me about his enjoyment of dog eating. At this point, we took off and returned to Laurel, the city we live in just outside of Billings.

Besides that, things are going pretty well. Nothing too new to describe just yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment