June 18, 2010

Once again, there's...

...nothing too new or exciting happening on the horizon. I've been applying for jobs, mostly by sending out lots of resumes to places that look interesting and are hiring. I have an interview on Tuesday that I'm very excited about at Yellowstone Boys and Girls Ranch in Billings. I hope this works out. If not, well, apply, apply, and apply some more and hopefully something will pop up. Jobs are really had to come by, I've heard, so I'm quite glad that I've had the opportunity to interview as much as I've had.

Several people that I'm close with have had to quit their jobs or have recently been let go because their employers are cutting back on staffing. Which sucks. Several of these people, it seems, are far more skilled than I am. This doesn't help me in the confidence department, but hey, at least I look good on paper.

My dad came out to visit a few weeks ago. This turned out to be a decent adventure, and they seemed to enjoy most of the things that I thought they would. We visited the ranch and a local vineyard. We also went to Spotted Eagle, where Bailey the Beagle did her thing and they got to marvel at the wide open spaces that I've come to take for granted. I managed to forget just how open things are here, as compared to the city I lived in before coming here. A friend of mine, after hearing about some of my and Bailey's adventures, asked that I return to "civilization" as soon as possible. I don't know how I feel about this. The big skies and open spaces are beginning to seem more and more appealing each time Bailey and I discover a new place that she can roam.

Tucker is moving onward, which will bring some change for me. The health foods store won't feel the same, and I feel as though I'm losing friends. Tucker and Scott have helped to make this place a lot better for me than it was when I got here. And now, the comfort bubble seems to be taking off. But, it all seems to be a growing process. I've got an amazing beagle. And some pretty good friends out here besides. Maybe Montana isn't such a bad place, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment