August 28, 2009

DQ adventures, lost contact, the wedding

So, things are starting to pick up yet again. I really wish that people were here this weekend instead of last- there really isn't as much going on, and things should be slightly more relaxed. The open mic starts again, which should be exciting... And... yeah. There's been stuff happening for most of the last few weekends, so hopefully, some "I'm not doing anything" time will be nice.

I'm half afraid of losing people that I had been close to before, but I guess that happens. Or, the people that are supposed to be around in a few months will be. Or something.

So, last night, Susan and I discovered that the Dairy Queen had recently gotten fried cheese curds. Kate, Susan's roommate, didn't know that such things existed, so we brought one back for her. She seemed to think it was strange, but after trying them realized they weren't actually the worst things ever.

Work is going relatively well. I feel like I'm mostly ahead, and I've got only a little more to do, but will need the help of others to accomplish these things. The first courtwatch meeting is this afternoon, for which I'm quite excited- one of my "projects" is actually beginning to get started! BeLinda is also starting on a newish fundraiser that I'll be helping with- we're hoping to reserve areas of sidewalk during Art Walk, and "sell" sections that people can draw pictures representing "Safe Families, Safe Kids", and the funds we raise will help us out. It seems like a pretty cool idea- but we've got to go through the mayor to get it approved, which seems as though it'll be a long process. Hopefully, we'll get it, though! Oh, optimism.

Speaking of optimism, I'm beginning to realize that I am quite young, and have a lot of time left to do cool things. But what cool things can I do? I'm giving some serious thought to the following, but am looking for thoughts and/or suggestions. Let me know what you think!

- Applying for a Youth Outreach Position with the Peace Corps.
- Going back to college and learning how to teach
- Remaining in Cowboy Country and trying to find a job (despite the lack of opportunity... and my uncertainty that there's a lot of space for people like me out here...)

I'm also half considering combining the first two...

Anyway, I'll leave you with these words from the Weakerthans:
"By the way, I got your letter yesterday
It said there’s no need to be sad
It said that some things would never ever change
But that some already had"

1 comment: